How to Secure Cloud Apps with Free Azure AD with MFA and SSO
Recorded Thursday, June 11, 2020
Help secure your organization against breaches due to lost or stolen credentials. Secure any app with just one step.
Securing remote work starts with a strong identity foundation. Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) enables your remote workers to find and access the apps they need from anywhere without compromising security. Many of our customers use Azure AD Conditional Access policies and multi-factor authentication (MFA) to secure access to their resources aligned with the principles of Zero Trust and enable remote collaboration with external users.
In this webinar, we will show you how to use Azure AD single sign-on (SSO) with as many cloud applications as you’d like across all pricing tiers, including Azure AD Free. We will demo how Microsoft 365 customers can connect all their cloud applications to Azure AD for single sign-on, and protect this access with multi-factor authentication (MFA) as a security default at no extra cost.
New Azure AD enhancements improving the remote working experience
Streamline identity management
- Dynamic groups rule validation — It allows administrators to set rules based on user attributes to populate group memberships.
- Administrative units — They allow you to logically group users and devices and then delegate administration of those users and devices.
- Bulk operations for users and groups — You can now import or export users and groups in the directory using a CSV file, create or delete users, update group memberships as well as download users, groups, and group memberships.
Seamless and secure collaboration
- Invite internal users to B2B collaboration — You can now change external users to guest users and take advantage of the benefits offered by Azure AD B2B.
- Redesigned B2B collaboration invitation emails — The new design provides external users with more clarity to help make an informed decision for accepting the invitation.
- Secure access to SAML-based applications with Azure AD B2C —You can now integrate a SAML application with Azure AD B2C.
Safeguard identities with industry-leading security
- Report-only mode for Azure AD Conditional Access — You can now evaluate the impact of a policy before you choose to enforce it.
- Combined MFA and password reset registration —This makes it easy for your users to register for MFA and Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) in a simple step-by-step process.
- Continuous Access Evaluation — It allows a timely response to policy violations or security issues that may occur after access is granted.
Meet the Speaker
Infrastructure and Security
Rich has been working in IT consulting for about 17 years in various positions and roles and led numerous implementations of the Microsoft System Center line of products as well as Hyper-V and VMware virtualization deployments to develop private cloud solutions. In addition to developing Private Cloud solutions for clients, he also focuses heavily on hybrid and public cloud deployments, specifically around strategy and execution around Windows Azure.
Rich has presented at various Windows User Group meetings, regularly leads Microsoft ADS/envisioning sessions at various MTC locations throughout the US and also acts as an extension of the Microsoft Technology Solutions Professional teams from the EPG, CAM and CTM space.