Sweet Success: An Ecommerce Process Automation Story
Connecting the World Through Chocolate
Gourmet, experiential chocolate maker Vosges Haut-Chocolat has relied on separate inventory, accounting, and shipping systems to power the exponential growth of its ecommerce business.
Netrix created an integrated back-office ecommerce system which has increased speed, capacity, and productivity, helping Vosges fulfill its company mission of bringing “peace, love and chocolate” to customers around the world.
Superior Information Sharing
While the growth in online sales has been a welcomed trend, the complexity and headaches associated with getting thousands of packages out the door every day has caused some natural growing pains.
“We’ve been thrilled by the growth and expansion in our online business…The only problem has been keeping up with this growth using systems that require manual batch imports and double data entry. Orders, inventory and shipping have simply been too difficult and time-consuming and that’s what got us interested in the process mapping and automation solutions from Netrix.” – Natalie Markoff, Chief Marketing Officer at Vosges Haut-Chocolat
Faster Order Fulfillment
Netrix developed universal APIs for Vosges’ key fulfillment systems so they could communicate, share data and be updated automatically with each new online order.
Netrix integrated Vosges’ order management application with their shipping system, automating pieces of the fulfillment process including label generation for picking, packing and shipping.
“When we look at the time and energy saved, the ROI on our systems integration project with Netrix is easy to calculate,” Markoff said. “Orders that used to take a whole day to assemble and ship now take half that time. We expect to make our investment back in six months.”
The enhanced productivity in online orders has added additional capacity and plenty of room for future growth. One of the best indicators is staffing levels
- Online orders and shipping were previously unconnected and required numerous manual data entry steps.
- Picking and packing orders took too long.
- Accounting and operations teams didn’t have good visibility into workflow, sales and inventory changes.
- Vosges’ ecommerce, order management, and shipping systems are now integrated and automatically importing and sharing order data.
- Thousands of orders that used to take a full day to process are now processed in half a day.
- Staff can focus more on customer service and brand building, while labor savings can be reinvested in research and development, new products, and sales growth.
Netrix incorporates agile development best practices into our application development operations and prioritizes the evolution of your development teams by introducing market-leading best practices. Whether modernizing the applications you have in place today or developing new custom solutions for your unique business challenges, our team provides the experience and resources necessary to gain new functionality and efficiencies.
Our Microsoft-certified engineers develop software applications using the most modern technologies, ensuring that your application is usable and maintainable in the future. Our primary technical expertise includes:
- .NET development, MVC, MVP, MVVM
Modern Web Application Development
- SQL, MySQL, noSQL
Azure Migration and Development Services
- App Service, Web Roles, Worker Roles, Table Storage, Blob Storage, Queues, and Service Bus
- Cloud-Based Architecture