Connecting Healthcare Professionals to the Latest Diabetes Technology
The ADCES (Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists) is dedicated to improving diabetes care through innovative education, management, and care. When the ADCES wanted to build DANA – a trusted online resource for diabetes care technology – Netrix used agile web development tools and methodologies to build a first-of-its kind website that has already exceeded web traffic expectations and has the entire diabetes care industry buzzing
For Crystal Broj, serving as Chief Technology & Innovation Officer at the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) is more than a job. It’s personal. Broj’s sister and two of her closest friends have diabetes. For her, the ADCES is not just an association, a place, or a paycheck. It’s a passion. A passion for empowering diabetes educators to expand the horizons of innovative education, management, and support.
But when the leadership team at the ADCES surveyed the landscape a few years ago looking for a central repository of information for diabetes care technology – like glucometers, insulin pumps, and diabetes-focused apps – they were shocked and surprised that it didn’t exist. So, they decided to build it. And the concept for the website called DANA (Diabetes Advanced Network Access) was born.
Broj and her colleagues selected Netrix to take the vision and concept and turn it into reality. “Netrix provided us with the most comprehensive, thoughtful, and creative proposal during our RFP process,” says Broj. “It was by far the best in terms of melding with our vision and expectations. And they couldn’t have been better to work with during the entire project. They really impressed us from start to finish.”
A Web Destination for All-Things-Diabetes Technology The Netrix team handled all front-end and back-end components, applying agile web development project management, working in concert with the ADCES’s graphic design firm on colors, fonts, and design treatments. “Since nothing like this existed, we knew there were going to be many iterations and many changes, and Natrix planned for it,” says Broj. “We built things in small, interchangeable pieces, so we could edit them or move them around easily and as needed.”
The DANA website took just under a year to design and develop. Pages were designed to be easily updated by the ADCES staffers, and a content management system allows for the fast uploading of new product photos, videos, and copy.
“Netrix’s project management was superb,” says Broj. “They brought their “A” game to every meeting. And they responded within a day to all our questions and requests.”
The planning, design, and project management have paid off. The new website at DANAtech.org has attracted thousands of visitors in just a few short months.
And over 70 percent of those visitors are new ones which means the demand for this kind of content among healthcare providers is high and they’ve only scratched the surface. There are thousands more providers who will likely seek access to DANAtech.org as they provide care for more than 30 million people now living with diabetes, according to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
“We’re making it easier for diabetes educators to find the latest technology information and deliver better care,” says Broj. “The DANA site is saving time, saving on medical expenses, and is likely saving lives. It’s an important innovation for our industry and Netrix Group played a critical role in making it happen.”
- Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the United States today, with more than 30 million people now living with chronic conditions.
- Staying current on new technology and research and finding reliable training is often too much for healthcare providers to take on, in addition to their patient care responsibilities.
- There was not a comprehensive online resource to access the latest products, expertise, and innovations in diabetes care technology.
- Netrix Group brought the ADCES’s vision of an online diabetes care technology destination to life featuring curated market intelligence and evidence-based research and information. The site took more than a year to plan and design.
- Diabetes educators can now find the latest news and information for all things-diabetes technology in one place at DANAtech. org. Thousands have already visited the website, with 70% of those being first-time users.
- DANAtech.org launched successfully on time and on budget via Agile development methodology and with a content management system that can be easily updated by the ADCES staffers.
Netrix incorporates agile development best practices into our application development operations and prioritizes the evolution of your development teams by introducing market-leading best practices. Whether modernizing the applications you have in place today or developing new custom solutions for your unique business challenges, our team provides the experience and resources necessary to gain new functionality and efficiencies.
Our Microsoft-certified engineers develop software applications using the most modern technologies, ensuring that your application is usable and maintainable in the future. Our primary technical expertise includes:
- .NET development, MVC, MVP, MVVM
Modern Web Application Development
- SQL, MySQL, noSQL
Azure Migration and Development Services
- App Service, Web Roles, Worker Roles, Table Storage, Blob Storage, Queues, and Service Bus
- Cloud-Based Architecture