Azure Foundation Assessment
The Azure Foundation Assessment is intended for organizations evaluating Azure’s total cost of ownership (TCO) and starting a roadmap for an Azure migration.
The Azure Foundation Assessment provides a review of your server footprint using tooling such as Azure Migrate or Movere. At the end of the assessment, you will have a breakdown of what it would cost to run workloads in Azure and a high-level implementation plan on how to migrate securely.
Netrix will assist with the installation and configuration of the data gathering tool, such as Azure Migrate or Movere, in order to assess and analyze your current environment.
Workshop Session 1
In the first session, our team will cover a high-level review of the assessment findings, identify the top one to two Pilot apps for migration, review IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS deployment types as migration targets, and map your top Pilot apps to target deployment types.
Workshop Session 2
During the second session, we’ll review the pricing options for all services and deliver a total cost of ownership (TCO) to migrate Pilot apps based on our initial data analysis.
Workshop Session 3
During session three, our team will work with you to determine the best resource targets for initial migration, including:
- Servers with OS that are EoS
- Servers on aging hardware
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) resources
- Disaster Recovery and Backup
- Pilot Apps
Workshop Session 4
In the final session, our team will help to design Azure Landing Zone.
- Assessment Results (PPT)
- Governance & Landing Zone Recommendations
- Strategy & Planning Workshop
- Migration SOW
- Migration Flowchart
5 Reasons to Migrate to the Cloud
The cloud isn't new, but many organizations have yet to migrate their workloads and operations. Transformation can seem like a daunting task and cost fears and resource limitations can leave organizations hesitant to realize the benefits. Check out our whitepaper covering five reasons migrating to the cloud can set your business up for growth and success.
Why work with Netrix?
Tightly Integrated and Longstanding Microsoft Partnership
Since 2005, Netrix has provided engineering expertise, complementary solutions, and supporting services for the Microsoft technology stack. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we have the expertise to deploy and support your team’s new or existing Microsoft infrastructure.
Specialized Migration Partner in the Azure Migration & Modernization Program
As a member of AMMP, Netrix provides the right mix of best practice guidance, resources, and expert help at every stage of your cloud journey. We meet customers wherever they are in their cloud journey so you can move forward with confidence - right from planning the move to making it happen successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to participate?
- More than one server and more than two service accounts
- 2-4 hours per week for the first two weeks for configuration and implementation of the data collection tool
- 1-2 hours per week for the last 2 weeks of workshops and review
Why should I do this assessment?
- To learn best practices for implementing Azure Landing zone in order to prevent surprise bills and ensure proper security
- Build a total cost of ownership (TCO) for moving some or all of your workloads to Azure
- Build an actionable plan for migration to Microsoft Azure